Work Life Balance TipsKeeping personal life on an even footing with work demands seems impossible for people who want to always give 100%, especially when employers reduce their workforce and expect the remaining staff to do more. So, how do you handle the challenges of the proper work-life balance?
- Challenge: I procrastinate. Tune out distractions and eliminate temptations that may lure you away from the task before you. Promise yourself a little reward for when you are done to help stay motivated.
- Challenge: I over-commit. Be realistic about how much time is in a day and then set expectations up front. Let people know when you have other commitments or potential conflicts in advance, so they know what to expect.
- Challenge: I don’t know how to say no. Remember that it's okay to respectfully say no. You'll have more time for the activities that are meaningful to you, in both your personal and work life, once you stop saying yes due to guilty feelings or a sense of obligation.
- Challenge: I am overwhelmed. Prioritize your tasks, set goals, and tackle them one at a time. Don’t forget to celebrate crossing them off your list when you are done, so you can see your progress. If you feel like you can’t do it all, ask for help and delegate when you can.
- Challenge: I feel like I can’t power down. Technology should make your life more efficient, not control it. It is especially tricky when the boundaries between work and personal lives continue to blur and we feel compelled to find ways to further increase productivity. Try turning that cell phone or laptop off now and then to really focus on the people and relationships that are important to you. It is called quality time for a reason!
- Challenge: I don’t feel productive.Track your tasks and how long they are taking. Try finding efficiencies like bundling activities into similar types of tasks and keeping a daily to-do list.
- Challenge: I am working overtime to get ahead, but I’m not actually staying ahead. There are times when overtime is necessary. Before working those added hours, ask yourself if it is a critical task that absolutely needs to be completed now. Get those Must-Do items done and hit the rest of the list the next day, when you are fresh.
COVID-19 has underscored the importance of resilience. Today on the blog, CEO Geno Cutolo offers tips for building… https://t.co/ynkvQfH9Lm
Should you include your references on your resume? Find out! https://t.co/uisLf95i2X
Research shows that it’s critical to make happiness a priority, now more than ever. Learn why and how! https://t.co/ivV6LAReuL