5 First Day of Work TipsWith a new job comes a flood of emotions. You may be excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. In many ways, it can take you back to childhood and how you felt on the first day of school. Feeling well prepared for the first day can help alleviate the nerves and ensure that you make a great first impression. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you get ready for the big first day!
1. Leave early.While you should map out your commute and the time it will take to get to work well before the first day, plan to leave a little early just in case you run into unexpected traffic or miss a turn. As a new employee, the last thing you want is to feel rushed or, worse yet, be late!
2. Dress sharp.Wear something that makes you feel confident. You’ll be meeting a lot of new people; you’re sure to make a better impression when you feel good about what you’re wearing. If you had an on-site interview, you’ve been able to see what people in a similar position wear to work. You can also ask your recruiter or HR for the dress code.
3. Try to learn names.You’ll be meeting a lot of people on your first day, so remembering names can be tricky, but it will make a great first impression. To help you remember, repeat the names and take notes as you go.
4. Listen and ask questions.Don’t be shy! Asking questions shows that you are interested and excited about the opportunity. Take notes so that you can refer to them later – you’ll be taking in a lot of information in a short amount of time!
5. Be yourself – and smile!Set the tone that you’re approachable by building relationships from day one. Smile and greet everyone you meet and pass in the office. Relax and enjoy the day!
Congratulations to Daymoneec, our Staffing Employee of the Year! Read a special message from our CEO and learn a li… https://t.co/oca9pKjV5v
America’s staffing and recruiting agencies hire nearly 16 million temporary and contract employees during the cours… https://t.co/unHT3VLk7Z
We're taking #LaborDayOn to help connect people with what they need most: JOBS! Click the link or explore the hasht… https://t.co/mSdKpkxrN9